With ocBackup Manager, it is possible to backup Sharepoint, but it is important to follow these instructions to be sure and get a backup that is native and can be easily restored.
NOTE: The backup manager must be installed on the physical box where the SharePoint data and application resides.
OS: Windows (All)
Sharepoint Version: 2003 verified, 2007+ unverified
Backup Manager version: 5.X.X.X
- Download and extract the zip file attached to this KB article (found below) and place it in the c:\<user profile>\.obm folder. Be sure to change any parameters in the file to be specific with your companyweb and the location to where you want to place the output file. The path for the output file must already exist.
- In the ocBackup Manager, create a new backupset specifically for the SharePoint backup. (Its best to keep this separate)
- Under "Backup Source", click "Advanced" and chose the path where the sharepoint backup file output is stored (same as in the backup script)
- Under "Command Line Tool", click "Add" under the "Pre Backup" section.
- Set the working directory to the same path as the location where you placed the BackupSharePoint2k3.bat file. (c:\<user profile>\.obm)
- Set the "Command" to "BackupSharePoint2K3.bat" or whatever you name the .bat file.
- Click "OK" and "Save Backup Settings".