The best way for our support staff to troubleshoot most any problem is to examine the log files located on your computer. Follow these instructions to gather the logs and submit them to us.
- Using Windows Explorer or "My Computer" navigate to the installation path, usually C:\Program Files\ocBackup Manager
- Right click on the folder "log" and select "Send To", then "Compressed (Zipped) folder". A new file will be created in the same window that will be called "log.zip".
- Double-click on the file named home.txt to view its contents. There will be 1 or more paths in this file. Each path represents a location where the rest of the logs may be located. (essentially there will be one path for each windows user account that has used the ocBackup Manager software)
- For each of the paths found in the previous step, navigate to the respective .obm folder, then right click on the folder "log" and select "Send To", then "Compressed (Zipped) folder". A new file will be created in the same window that will be called "log.zip".
- Send us BOTH the log.zip from step 2, and the log.zip file(s) from step 4.
- If sending in a support ticket, the attachment is limited to 1 MB.
- If sending by email, usually up to 10 MB is fine, but there may be limits on your email server, so watch for bounced messages
- If needed, we can do a remote session to gather your logs. Click here for instructions.